Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fall Comes to Georgia

We are finally getting some pretty foliage here in the mountains. After church today, my daughter and I decided to have lunch at Tequileros and then visit James H. "Sloppy" Floyd State Park to see the leaves and feed the ducks. (I can assure you my six-year-old could care less about viewing the leaves. She was all about the ducks!)
Sloppy Floyd Park is located in Chattooga County and is a great place for a family outing. There is a camping area and cabins, but we never have camped there. It is too close to our home. If I pack up for camping I want to GO somewhere! However, the lakes are beautiful. There are great places to picnic, play, fish, hike, and have a great time with your family.
A view from the walkway that crosses the lake
As you can see, it was a beautiful day for a visit. No one was brave enough to take on the paddle boats in today's cold breeze, but we did see a few people fishing and walking their dogs. The park is not usually too crowded.

another view from the walkway.

This trail goes around the lake and leads up to the waterfall hiking trail.

Of course the highlight of any child's trip to the park is feeding the ducks! Here they come, ready for a meal!

On the trip back home I stopped to take a couple pictures of our own mountain road. I love this road! People who visit for the first time ask how we can stand driving it every day. Having grown up here on the mountain, I guess I am used to it.
This is the edge of waterfall hollow. 
My favorite road in the universe- the one that brings me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment