Sunday, December 27, 2015

BIg Changes on Devil's Hollow



It has been an unforgivably long time since my last post. Our little family has gone through some big, unplanned (well, on my part unplanned) changes in the past year. I'll spare the world the TMI details. Let's just say that we are no longer "a small family living in a farming community in Northwest GA". We are now a single mom and child living in a small farming community on a mountain in Northwest GA". Enough said.

So I had to ask my self, "Do I still keep the blog?" At first I decided to chunk it. Then, I got to thinking. The fact that our family has changed is not a reason to give up. Seriously...this is still a blog about country living. It might be interesting to see how the changes affect us here on Devil's Hollow.
Things are certainly different now.

Also, my daughter is watching me. Daily she watches the things I say and do. Does a woman curl up and die just because there is no man there to "take care" of her? Is that what a woman is? NOOOO! That is not the example I want to be setting. That is not who I am. I am a survivor, not a victim. So on with it.

I'm having to get used to either doing it myself or finding someone who can. (Thankfully I have some helpful relatives here on the mountain.) I grew up here. I know how to garden and can and all that. But there are somethings I can't do- like drive a tractor. You know this is the time of year I begin planning my garden. Did I mention I can not drive a tractor? Did I mention that I never really wanted to drive a tractor? So I guess things will be interesting. It's an adjustment, to say the least.

Everything has changed, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have a new book coming out soon with Schiffer Publishing called The Legend of the Ghost Hearse and Other Spooky Tales from Northwest Georgia. This has been a long-time dream of mine- to be published-so I'm all excited about that.

And of course there are the usual changes that occur when a divorce takes place. Our schedule changes. The meals change. The laundry changes. The entire routine changes.Therefore, this blog has now changed somewhat. We are all going to find out whaat it is like to be a single mom way out here in the country.

Any advice? Been here and done that?

No comments:

Post a Comment