Monday, December 28, 2015

What Brings You Peace? (AKA Filling Up Time)

Another new aspect of my life...filling up time when my daughter visits her dad. That's new.

If it was spring time I'd be working on some outdoor project- gardening or adding to my wild bird habitat or doing some much needed work on the goldfish pond. But it's December- and RAINY and STORMY. I had planned to visit some indie bookshops in Atlanta tomorrow with a bestie, but the floods and flood warnings have put a damper on that. Instead, we are meeting with another friend for lunch in Summerville. Lunch with the girls is always good.

I NEED to clean out the back room (aka guest room). My plan is to create a study/ office in there. I worked on it a while this past weekend and made a pretty decent-sized donation to Habitat for Humanity. My pastor's wife works there and they are always glad to take donations. I've still got some work to do.

We are also converting the loft into a hobby room of sorts. It has been a rec room, a den, a play  room, and now..well...it needs help. I've also got to repaint the front door where my German Shepherd "knocks" over and over, scarping away the red paint.

But to relieve stress, you need a creative outlet (or three). Recently I took a transparenting class (required by divorcing parents in Georgia). One thing I learned is that hobbies are an excellent way to relieve stress and depression. I agree. Right now, concentration and organization are not my strong points. I'm forgetful, I flit from project to project like a butterfly from flower to flower.

One minute I am reading, the next I am cleaning, the next I am working on my next book, and five minutes later I am blogging. I am rearranging furniture, looking at seed catalogs, and I have even taken up my old hobby of candle making...I'm a mess. Is this normal?

I'd love to hear from anyone who can feel me on this. I love your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment