Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chocolate Whiskey Pecan Pie

I know, I know. I have severely neglected this blog.  The fact is, our family has been experiencing lots of changes and I guess I just didn't feel like posting at the time.  However,  I've come to the realization that we are STILL here at home on the mountain.  Life does go on.... so... I'm going to just go with it...

I'm starting back with a recipe I have fallen in love with. I got this recipe from my friend Chris. We grew up together here on the mountain, but he has become a Yankee now (LOL).  He is still dear to my heart.  He is always posting pictures of his wonderful dishes on line and I just drool...this was one of them.  I tried it for the first time last thanksgiving and it was a HIT.

Chocolate Whiskey Pecan Pie


Ingredients:
1 c. light corn syrup
3/4 c. light brown sugar
4 T. unsalted butter
3 large eggs
2 T. whiskey (I use 3)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. pecan halves
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
9 inch pie crust (deep dish), unbaked

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Whisk together corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, eggs, whiskey, and salt.
Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
Pour into pie crust.
Bake until center is set but still slightly wobbly (40-50 min).
Cool before serving.

This is super easy and delicious!!  I tried it without the chips for Christmas and it was great.  
The original recipe didn't call for a deep dish crust, but I learned from my mom- always use a deep dish.  It won't run over. 

Hope you enjoy it!
Beth :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment