Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Husband's Yummy Chicken Fajitas

My husband has been making these fajitas since before we met. It was one of the first things he cooked for me. The problem is- there is no actual recipe, so I could never make them myself. Last night I stalked him with my camera as he made them. Today I will share what I learned. Shhhh...


First. he cut up an onion and a bell pepper and added them to a large skillet. 


Next he added cilantro and 1/2 a finely diced jalapeno. He didn't cook them yet- just got them ready.


Meanwhile, he added three chicken breasts to another skillet. (Yes, that IS real butter.) He seasoned them with  Chef Paul Prudhomme's fajita seasoning, sea salt, and a dash of Tony Cachere's Creole seasoning.


When the chicken was done, he cut it into small strips. 


 He then added the chicken to the skillet with the vegetables.  Remember that 1/2 fresh jalapeno? Well, he took the other piece (whole) and added it to the skillet as well. (He removed it before serving.)


Next came fresh tomato.


He added a little more seasoning...


He mixed these and cooked over a medium heat. He then covered the skillet, lowered the heat, and cooked until the veggies were crisp-tender.




And there ya have it :). Add to warm tortillas along with your favorite toppings- shredded cheese, refried or black beans, pico de gallo, guacamole..whatever you like.

Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment