Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A cool thing for cooks

 I made a cool discovery on a recent trip to Trader Joe's (traderjoes.com). As a working mom, I am all for anything that makes my life easier. However, I want to feed my family healthy food. I worry about chemicals, hormones, etc. in our food. (Don't even get me started on my GMO rant.) This is one reason I love TJ's- you get good, high quality food.
Last Saturday I found these-
It's crushed garlic and chopped cilantro in little frozen cubes. (How cool is that?!)
You keep them in the freezer. If you need a clove of crushed garlic- just pop one cube out!  Each cube of cilantro equals 1 tsp. (Notice I have already used one cube.)
I know this is a small thing, but any small thing that saves me time without sacrificing quality is a good thing.
Happy (FAT) Tuesday. See you on Wordless Wednesday!
Beth :o)

2 comments:

  1. THAT is AWESOME!! I wish we had a Trader Joe's :( The closest thing that we have is called "Carolina Farmin."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to drive over an hour to get to ours. :/

    ReplyDelete