Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Guest Who Stays...and Stays

"The winter is like a guest who lingers--- Having said goodbye for days.  She squeezes our hands with icy fingers, Then sits down and stays and stays and stays."  -- Anita McLean Washington

Truer words were never spoken.  Today has been ice cold and rainy. The sun is finally beginning to peek through the clouds, but I think it will get down to about 30 degrees tonight. I could never live up north. Down here, our winters are relatively short-- but they are still too long for me.

I finally started my tomato seeds today.  It really wasn't the time, according to the moon (and the 2012 Moon Sign Book). However, the moon's calendar and my own don't always agree. I have to get up and go be a librarian tomorrow (in my other life) and the moon does not. Like I have said before, you do the best you can, when you can. Today I had time to start tomatoes. Tomorrow I have to work and take my daughter to ballet. It's this thing we call reality- it gets in the way of everything. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment