I was given the original version of this recipe from my friend, Penny. Of course I had to tinker with it a little to make it my own. You know its a hit when your husband loves it. I like this recipe because it is simple- a great Sunday supper. It makes enough for Monday, too!
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Preheat oven to 325.
While pasta is cooking, cut up the chicken and add to a large bowl.
Squeeze all the moisture out of the spinach, and add it to the chicken.
Add the alfredo sauces, artichokes, tomatoes, dehydrated onion, garlic, and about half the parmesan and mozzarella (a large handful of each, anyway). Stir to combine, then add the drained pasta. Put this into a large baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Cover with foil and heat about 10 minutes. Uncover, add more parmesan and mozzarella, and heat uncovered until melted.
- 3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz bowtie pasta, cooked according to directions
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce (I use one home style and one artisan cheese) *If you prefer a thicker, less creamy casserole, use lass sauce.
- 10 oz spinach, cooked and drained (remove as much liquid as possible)
- 1 small jar marinated artichokes, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small jar sun dried tomatoes, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. dehydrated onion
- 2 T minced garlic (from a jar)
- 1 small container shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 small bag shredded mozzarella
As always, I love your comments and appreciate all follows!